Proud to announce that Lana’s film will be shown in the Youth Filmmaker Showcase at the 10th Annual Providence Children’s Film Festival! What an honor… Providence, Rhode Island (so cool)!
This festival is fantastic because it features work by both new and up-and-coming filmmakers. This year is the 10th annual celebration!!
A thoughtful piece written by Bianca He:
Meet the teens behind the award-winning documentary ‘Astronaut Starbright’
Assembly is a digital newsletter and
publication from Malala Fund.
Lana was proud to be a part of Generation Wow 2018 as a speaker in November. She had such a great time! GenWOW is a wonderful event… all girls should have the chance to go and participate. She’s thankful for the opportunity and urges all girls in Jacksonville to get involved! Special thanks to Angela Spears and Kali Freeland.
Alright! This is it! Here’s the DUUUVAL Premier of the Astronaut Starbright documentary.
Thanks to supporters like Antonio Allegretti and Sara Roberts who’ve donated time and space to help screen the film in Lana’s hometown of Jacksonville, Florida. There’s no words to express how grateful she is for their time, support, and encouragement.
So plan on coming to Art Walk this NOVEMBER (2018) to see everything they have to offer… including the Astronaut Starbright documentary by Lana!! This is a great event. If you haven’t been there before or aren’t familiar… Art Walk is the FIRST WEDNESDAY of the month, every month, in Jacksonville, Florida. This year, on November 7th (when our film will be playing), will mark the 15th Anniversary of the event. Viewing the film is FREE TO THE PUBLIC! Bring your family, friends, and acquaintances… Lana and Taylor will be there too.
There will be panel discussions in addition to the screening, see you there!
Lana Taylor won the Female Rising Star Award at the 2018 All American High School Film Festival. The festival received over 2,000 films from around the world, screened over 700 official selections, had 200 nominees for awards and presented ONLY 23 category winners!
GREAT NEWS!! The Astronaut Starbright documentary is now an OFFICIAL SELECTION of the Austin Film Festival’s Young Filmmaker Showcase!! THIS. IS. AMAZING.
If you’re not familiar with film festivals… please know that Austin is a tremendous opportunity and that inclusion in their Young Filmmaker Competition is nothing short of INCREDIBLE. So honored and humbled to be included in this festival.
Also… Lana will participate on an AMAZING panel on inclusivity in filmmaking called “The Path to Inclusivity: Empowering Young Filmmakers“!! The panel is sponsored by Cinema Ed and HBO. …AND… features two amazing females in the film industry: Hope Farley (Executive Producer/Co-Founder, Adolescent Content) and Raamla Mohamed (Writer/Supervising Producer Scandal, also working on an upcoming HBO project with Issa Rae).
Here’s some cool facts about the Austin Film Festival:
– This year is the 25th Anniversary of the festival
– Larry Wilmore to receive an “OUTSTANDING TELEVISION WRITER” Award at the festival (Writer: Black-ish, The Bernie Mac Show, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Sister Sister, In Living Color, and more…)
– Last year’s program featured 215 panelists, 50 percent of which were people of color and women.
– Notable attendees last year included Effie Brown, Reggie Rock Bythewood, Greta Gerwig, Misha Green, Courtney A. Kemp, Anthony Sparks, Robert Townsend, Keenen Ivory Wayans, Virgil Williams, Sasheer Zamata and many more.
– Austin Film Festival & Writers Conference (AFF) has announced its continued commitment to diversity in filmmaking through its grant from The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
– Lady Bird (2017) – 5 Oscar Nominations, 1 Golden Globe – was screened there last year (cool tidbit: Lana has been studying Greta Gerwig, the Director of Lady Bird)
The Astronaut Starbright documentary has been awarded “Semi-Finalist” by the Sydney Indie Film Festival (in Australia)!! This is a Top 100 Best Reviewed Festivals in the world by Film Freeway!! Major accomplishment, now we’ve got to update our poster again…. Laurel time!
So this happened… Lana’s film has been selected by NFFTY – National Film Festival for Talented Youth! This is a fantastic festival for youth… such an honor. Astronaut Starbright will screen Sunday Oct. 28th in Seattle, Washington first thing in the morning at the festival!